Engage in mind-body fitness to improve your health
Is Classical Pilates Right for You?
Classical Pilates is a unique form of fitness that has taken the world by storm.
- Are you interested in the calm, almost gentle moves of Pilates, which have you engaging your mind and body?
- Do you want to increase coordination and core strength as well as improve posture and circulation?
- Do you want to use the fitness method of top athletes?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Classical Pilates might be exactly what you are looking for!
What is Classical Pilates?
Over the last 20 years, Pilates has exploded in popularity on the global level. Pilates is an exercise and physical movement method designed to stretch, strengthen, and balance the body. By encompassing specific exercises coupled with focused breathing patterns, Pilates has proven itself invaluable as both a fitness endeavor and an essential adjunct to professional sports training and physical rehabilitation of all kinds.
All Pilates exercises flow from the five essentials of breathing, cervical alignment, rib and scapular stabilization, pelvic mobility, and the utilization of the transversus abdominis. Pilates has been in use for almost 90 years and has increased in popularity immensely over time. Pilates practitioners often report feeling improved core strength, increased flexibility, and greater balance, which research is now starting to support as well!
The Benefits of Classical Pilates
Classical Pilates is not just a typical form of fitness; it incorporates deep, healthy breathing and rhythmic movement to tap into deeper levels of inner healing.
The Benefits of Classical Pilates:
- Increased lung capacity
- Improved circulation
- Greater strength and flexibility (specifically in the abdomen and back muscles)
- Improved coordination of muscular and mental aspects
- Enhanced posture, balance, and core strength
- Increased bone density and joint health
- Positive body awareness experienced for the first time
- Balance and control of the body that spills over into daily activities of life
Conditions Treated by Classical Pilates:
- Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP) and Low Back Pain (LBP)
- Orthopedic Procedures (e.g., hip and knee arthroplasty)
- Breast Cancer
- Personal Autonomy
- Static Balance
- Cardiovascular Health
- Weight Management
- Pelvic Health
Techniques of Classical Pilates
In a typical Classical Pilates session, I will use a variety of techniques and tools, including:
Spine & Foot Correctors
Plus, many others! Classical Pilates uses numerous tools to bring your body into balance and improve your health. Please keep in mind that these props are not provided for virtual classes; they are only available for in-person sessions.
Book Your Appointment
Let's get Started!
Classical Pilates sessions are one-on-one individualized practices where I will work with you to address your health needs directly. To reserve your spot, you must pay for the lesson and schedule your time through the link below. If you need to cancel, please make sure to provide a minimum 48-hour notice to give me a chance to fill the spot from the waiting list. If you cancel before 48 hours of your appointment time, you can reschedule for a lesson at another time. Lessons are conducted on Skype, Facetime, Zoom, or by phone. Props are not provided for virtual sessions; they are only available for in-person classes. These lessons are not offered in person. If you would like to schedule an in-person class in Monroe, Michigan, please contact Kimberly privately via email.